February 3, 2011

Love Letters In The Sand.

Things to do on a holiday :

This is my big box of memories. Okei fine its not that big. But still, this is where i keep alllll the birthday cards, the Raya cards, the goodluck cards, the letters, and the postcards that I got over the years.

I even have cards dated as far back as my school years, which was like donkey years ago :-"

So hari ni holiday, after spending quality time with Mr. Bed, i thought of going through my treasure box. Sitting on the floor, with Celine Dion singing, and the rain drizzling outside, it was just like in the movies :-"

It would have been much nicer to have a grandchild sitting beside me though, so that I could show him/her some of these stuff Granny had all these years and say something like this (in Texan slang if u please) "You remember your uncle X?....No, no, not the one with the Ferarri... Yes the fat bald unsuccessful one who dropped by last Raya... Grandmama used to have a huge schoolgirl crush on him last time. He gave me this greetin' card, right before he broke my heart.... Well, yeah, it may be hard to believe but he used to be a real hottie back then."

or something like that ;)



This was a postcard I got from my Aunty in Germany, dated 2006. She said that the picture on this card, is just how she always think of me when I decided to become a doctor :))



I treasure every little thing. What can I say, I'm a sentimental girl. So you can be rest assured that whatever little thing you gave me, If you mean the world to me, I would keep it forever. I have movie stubs for "Superman Returns" from four years ago. I have the sweet letter my sister wrote to me when I had to go away for boarding school. I have the little note Nabilah wrote to me when I had to come here. I have short stories I wrote and can't even remember I did. Maybe I'll post some of it up. I still have the bracelet tag when I was hospitalized in 2008. The receipt for the 22 doughnuts. The pamphlet and the ONE red glove from Bromo, which was my first road trip with friends.


But above all,
I still have your letters...:)

4 comments:

  1. hahaha! lawakla part uncle botak tu... lolzzz! referring to sapa agaknya. =PPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha..gile sentimental!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faraaaaaa u know who i had in mind when i wrote that?? RON! Hahaha

    Frhh sentimental la rock =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe. agak dah! woah.. RON.. mcm dah lameee je xdgr name tu kan.. =)))

    ReplyDelete