November 6, 2009

Try, Try, Try.

"i am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times, hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you absolutely don't deserve me at my best..."

a dear friend of mine posted this as her status on facebook.

it has nothing to do with me, but the saying just caught my eye.

I'm not sure if she wrote it herself, or it's part of a lyrics or something.

i just want to say, that i have to disagree with it. i mean not with the friend, just with the words. selfish, impatient, insecure, makes mistake, are all human nature. i am too. we all are. but sometimes, just sometimes, u have to at least TRY to compromise. because newsflash, you're not living alone on this planet. try to think how your action is hurting people who are closes to u. tell me how is it fair when what you're doing is hurting those who cares about u?

"you always hurt the one you love,
the one you shouldn't hurt at all"

I'm beginning to doubt that song.

and those ppl who said that they needed time to think, what makes them think that when they decided that their "time" to think has finally ended, the other person will still be right where you left them 20 weeks ago, waiting?

in my opinion it is bullshit when ppl say that, because if something is really really worth it, you wouldnt have need time to think, you'd just grab at the opportunity.

"if we just try, try, try,
just to be nice, nice, nice,
the world would be a better place for you and i.
if we could just live our lives
putting our differences aside,
that would be so beautiful to me."
- Jason Mraz -

maybe it should be this way, "but if you can't even try to handle me at my worst, then you absolutely don't deserve me at my best."

god knows i've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment