June 4, 2009

Thank You For The Music.

"I love Corrina, tell the world i do,
I love Corrina, tell the world I do,
I pray every night, she'll learn to love me too.
Corrina, Corrina, Corrina, Corrina,
Corrina, Corrina, I Love You So."

I was just listening to that song, its an oldies, sung by Ray Peterson. Yes I am in my early twenties and I do like listening to oldies. U have a problem with that? :) its not just English old songs that i enjoy listening to, i love some old malay songs too, especially from the legendary P. Ramlee. (hail amir, rafeah buang, uji rashid pun layan :D ) I dont really know all this new songs. okei fine, i once thought Beyonce is a man. hahaha oopsy :D

i donno how i came to like songs from the yesteryears, i guess it's because of my parents. my dad especially, with his wide collections of CDs and Cassettes and Karaouke collections. and they would sing me oldies to put me to sleep. my dad has a couple of really thick 60's lyrics books with guitar chords. and he would sit and play it and i could listen to him all day long 8-> and u can guess what my favourite radio station is, yes, Lite and Easy. 104.4fm in Penang. hehe, Owh what i wanted to write about is that the above mentioned song reminds me soooo much of home. because when my dad sings it, he'll change the name Corrina, to my name :)

auwww i miss our little karaouke sessions in the living room together. and how sometimes mak would bising sebab dah nak Maghrib :) or we're being too loud, the whole taman can hear us she said :D and also there's this one phase of my baby bro's life, i think when he was 7 or 8, where he would switched off the karaouke machine, and say to us with a very serious face "Ustad piyeh kata x baik karaouke tau x". :D that was back then la (back when he was still cute), now that he's all grown up, he's the one yang into music and stuff. "I love show bussiness", he once said at an audition my sis took him to =))

If there's a gene coded for music talents, im sure my family has it. Especially on my father's side of the family tree. My dad has a really great voice, and most of my uncles and cousins can really carry a tune too. My dad can play the guitar, my sister can play the piano, piyeh can play the trumpet (and 12 other instruments that he claimed he could play, but i seriously doubt). me? tambourine aci x? or the triangle thingy :D i once took piano classes when i was 9 but stopped half way, which i now wish i didnt. should have gone all the way. i envy those who can play the piano beautifully. and i find guys who can play the piano very very sexy :x besides guitar that is. so anyway, guess theres some mutation to my music gene huh? fine, enough said :)

No comments:

Post a Comment