June 30, 2009

I Say A Little Prayer.

i just noticed something. there's actually a lot of movies with the storyline about love between bestfriends. and it's always like this: boy been friends with girl for a long time. girl slowly falls for guy. guy like someone else. girl is heartbroken. guy realizes his mistakes. girl gets guy.

i just have one word for that. BULLSH*T. :-" sorry, but its true. come on la ppl, be realistic. who are u trying to fool? (well not me that's for sure). In real life, 9 out of 10 situations like above will end up with the guy or its usually the girl crying their eyes out, for nothing!

maybe that's why they make movies. for people to escape reality for awhile. giving false hope to actually believe that it might just happen in real life too. *haktui*.

there's only one movie about love between bestfriends, with a very perfect realistic ending. My Best Friend's Wedding, starring Julia Roberts (Jules) and Dermot Mulroney (Michael).

THE BEST MOVIE EVER

I've watched this movie for more than 20 times, i can even remember most of the lines. here are some of my favourite quotes from this movie :)

Jules : Sophomore year at Brown we had this one hot month, yeah you know me, I got restless. So I get the nerve to break his heart. And he get's this...look. Then he says, "What makes me want to cry is that I'm losing the best friend I ever had." And I knew I felt the same. So I cried, for maybe the 3rd time in my life. And we've been bestfriends ever since.

Jules : He adored me for 9 goddamn years, me! She has known him for what, 5 seconds?

Jules : I have to get him back George, I can't lose him.

Jules: *struggles to find her shirt to cover up her body when she's half naked in the fitting room when Michael walks in*
Michael : You want me to turn around or something?
Jules : *mumbles* Yes..
Michael : I've seen you a lot more naked then that.
Jules : *blushes* Well now, it's different..
Michael : *turns to leave and smiles* You look really good. Without clothes on.

Jules : Sometimes, people think they know how they feel about each other, but they don't. Until they do.

Michael : And I was thinking, this could be our last time. Alone. Together. You know?
Jules : Except for the hot affairs we'll have twice a year.
Michael : Except for that.

Michael : Kimmy says when you love someone, you say it. Right then. Out loud. Otherwise, the moment just...passes you by.

Jules : Believe me, if he was feeling what I'm feeling, he would know how i feel.

Jules : If i didn't hate her, I'd adore her.

Kimmy : He has you on a pedestal, and me in his arms.

Kimmy : It's his career. I'm supportive. Look i've been everywhere, I just want to be with the man I love. That's what makes it a honeymoon.

Jules : That's George. He's here for me. He's been there for me lately. He's my friend. My best friend these days. You've been....busy
.

Michael : I've got to admit, when you told me about George, I was.... I have this feeling.. I was...
Jules : Jealous?
Michael : Crazy jealous.
.

Jules : Michael...I love you. I've loved you for nine years, I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and well, now I'm just scared. So, I realized this comes at a very inopportune time but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy. Oh that sounds like 3 favors doesn't it?

Jules : I have stolen a bread van, and I'm chasing Michael down Michigan Avenue!
George : Michael is chasing Kimmy?
Jules : Yes!
George : You're chasing Michael?
Jules : Yes!
George : Who's chasing you? Nobody! Got it?! You are not the one!

George : It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.

Jules : It's true! I kissed him! I tried to steal him! I lost. You win. He chose you. Now I'd like to take you to the wedding, so you could marry the man of our dreams, because he sure wants to marry you.

Michael : On the other hand, thank you for loving me that much, it's pretty flattering.

Jules : I had the strangest dream, i dreamt that some psychopath was trying to break the two of you up. Luckily I woke up and I see the world is just as it should be. For my best friend has won the best woman.




----------------
Now playing: Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer For You
via FoxyTunes



2 comments:

  1. saya da tgk jugak..
    u are so true farin...huhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. kannnnn hehe, sy ske gle cte tu, tgk je sure nanges ;)

    ReplyDelete