October 22, 2009

The Pieces Don't Fit Anymore.

i loveeeeeeeee James Morrison's songs. I just loveeeeeeeeee them, especially the ones in his album "Songs For You, Truths For Me". It's just that the lyrics are just so meaningful, i like the way he puts feelings into words, MY feelings to be exact. it's like he knew what's in me (boo. corny. leaves the room). now i know what roberta flack meant when she sang

"I felt he found my letters, and read each one out loud....killing me softly
with his songs."


below are parts of lyrics from his songs that i love:

"and if you stay with me, honestly, that's what I want,
but if you stay with me, i know i ask too much."

"Boy it hit me like a hurricane when u left me
But I'd do it all again for u
Walk a thousand miles on broken glass
It won't stop me
From making my way back to you
Nothing ever hurt like you"

"Well I can't explain, why it's not enough
Cause I gave it all to you
If you leave me now, just leave me now
It's the better thign to do
Its time to surender
Were too long pretending
There's no use in trying
When the pieces don't fit anymore"

"If you don't want me to leave,
Then don't push me away.."

"For every piece of me that wants you,
another piece backs away.."

"The truth hurts,
A lie's worse"

"How can I give anymore,
When I love you a little less then before.."

"When my head is strong,
but my heart is weak.."

"You're shining in the distance,
I hope I can make it through
Coz the only olace i wanna be
Is right back home with you.."

"This could be nothing,
But I'm willing to give it a try,
Please give me something,
Coz someday I might know my heart..."

"If it's gonna be a rainy day,
There's nothing we can do to stop the rain,
we can pray for sunny weather,
But that won't stop the rain.."

"You see life is a crazy thing,
There'll be good times and there'll be bad times,
And everything in between.."

"I try to hold on but it's not enough,
I try to forgive, but it's not enough
to make it all okei..."

"You can't play on broken strings,
You can't feel anything that your heart don't want to feel..."

"I'm gonna stay,
You can't push me too far,
There's no place in my heart,
Where I don't want to love you.."

"Dream on Hayley,
Don't look down,
There's nothing here for you to see.."


"If this is where we ended up,
If everything I have is gone,
Then I refuse to be so hard on myself this time..."

"I'm gonna fix the world up for you.."

No comments:

Post a Comment